Prepare for a rewarding career helping others
The Counseling program of St. Edward's University is designed to serve students who range in life experiences. This is reflective of the community they will ultimately serve. Students will be exposed to a variety of approaches for treating mental health, from the latest research on the relationship between neuroscience and mental health to eastern philosophies and treatments that have been practiced for thousands of years. Students benefit from an experiential curriculum, accomplished faculty comprised of working mental health professionals and innovative electives, such as art therapy, mindfulness, and dealing with PTSD.
The MAC is typically completed in about three years, with three semesters a year and two classes per semester for 10 semesters. Students can also complete the program in about two years if they elect to take three classes per semester for seven semesters.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling track in the MAC program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The MAC program offers an educational and training experience that prepares students to work as professional counselors or marriage and family therapists in a variety of settings, including hospitals, residential treatment centers, nonprofit agencies, government, for-profit organizations and private practice. As graduates of the program, students may choose to focus on working with children, adolescents, adults, families or couples.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counseling Theories
- Group Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Marriage, Couples, and Families in the Life Cycle
- Relationships and Sexuality in Couples Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 843 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of work or a 2.75 GPA on all college-level work.
- Statement of Purpose (essay)
- Applicants educated at the college level in a language other than English must demonstrate English proficiency.
- Evidence of the potential to responsibly and successfully complete a program of rigorous graduate studies.
- Evidence of ability to assume responsibility in the work environment; professional work experience is highly desirable.
- Complete an application form with supporting documents and application fee submitted to the Office of Admission.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- Once past the initial screening process, applicants may be invited to an interview (in person or via phone) with the admission committee.
- Foreign Credential Evaluation (if degree earned in country outside of USA)
- Official Transcripts
International1610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.