This Politics and Public Policy programme from Cardiff University is designed to give you advanced analytical and conceptual skills to critically evaluate politics and public policy at multiple levels of governance. It also provides a thorough training in analytical methods and approaches (qualitative and quantitative) used for conducting research in these areas. This involves:
- a core of modules designed to provide a solid foundation of knowledge and understanding in politics and public policy;
- specialisation in areas of politics and public policy of particular interest to you at local, Welsh, UK, EU and international levels;
- learning activities, such as student presentations and group work, designed to refine a range of transferable skills including communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Vocational relevance
- Covers Welsh, UK, European and international levels of governance
- Develops advanced research skills.
A Master's degree in Politics and Public Policy demonstrates that you have an excellent understanding of government and policy-making at multiple level of governance that will be of use in a wide range of roles within the public, private and third sectors. You will also have advanced analytical, research and communications skills, including the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions in challenging situations. For these reasons, the degree opens the way for careers in a wide range of fields. These include a variety of roles at local, Welsh, UK, EU and international levels within the public, private and third sectors. The stress on research skills and independent study also means that graduates are well-placed to continue their academic studies and undertake PhDs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Law of Devolution in Wales
- Public International Law
- Contemporary Welsh Politics
- Research Methods: Approaches to Knowledge
- Public Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Early application is strongly advised, normally well before the end of July.
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 394 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- Suitable for graduates who normally possess a 2:1 degree classification in International Relations, Politics, English, Modern Languages, History, Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Social Policy and Journalism.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.