Graduates are also prepared for professional jobs involving materials science and engineering principles.
- The Master of Science in Materials Science at Norfolk State University is an interdisciplinary program administered cooperatively by the physics, chemistry, and engineering graduate faculty.
- Persons holding baccalaureate degrees in chemistry, engineering, materials science, physics, or related disciplines are eligible for admission.
- Materials Science
- Mathematical Methods
- Polymers and Polymer-Based Composite Materials
- Electronic and Photonic Materials
- Instrumentation for Materials Science
- Quantum Mechanics for Materials Scientists
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 340 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts sent to the School of Graduate Studies and Research. (Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded into the application portal.)
- Three letters of recommendation and a personal statement expounding on the applicant’s interest in the field of study.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 24 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12690 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.