The M.F.A. in Visual Studies at Norfolk State University is professional terminal degree in studio art, usually completed in two and a half years. It is not a media specific studio program. This structure allows students the flexibility to explore and develop new working methods without the constraints of a media driven major.
Students have the flexibility to explore and develop new working methods without the constraints of a media driven major.
When a student has completed a semester of graduate work, a Continuance Review is conducted by the entire graduate faculty. Following this review, a three-person committee is assigned to students whose work at this point merits continuance in the program. This committee designates one member as the student’s major advisor. The major advisor, along with the graduate committee, then guides the student through the matriculation process.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studio
- Related Academic
- Directed Field Experience
- Graduate Seminars
- Graduate Exhibition and Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 521 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Before applying, applicants should read How to Apply in detail. Applicants can apply online.
- If you choose to apply online, please mail supplemental documents addressed to the appropriate office.
- University level proficiency in English is required at Norfolk State University. All applicants whose native language is not English (including non-matriculating students) must submit proof of English language proficiency.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12690 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.