Graduates of the Cytopathology Practice program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center will have the skills necessary to prepare and process tissue and cellular material for microscopic analysis as well as the ability to evaluate and interpret all types of cytologic material. They will be able to perform, interpret and correlate ancillary testing for proper triage of patients.
They will be able to meet the current demands of the profession and will be able to engage future technology as it becomes standard in the anatomic pathology laboratory. Graduates will also have the necessary assessment skills to direct quality improvement activities and assume positions of leadership in management, research and education.
- The program is 2 calendar years or 21-months in length and is extremely intense and fast-paced. MCP students are in classes and laboratory sessions from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Clinical experience and didactic instruction are provided throughout the program. Students are assigned to off-campus clinical experiences in the fall and the spring terms of the second year.
- Graduates may choose employment in cytotechnology or histotechnology or both. Many employers seek graduates who can work in both areas of the laboratory. The shortages of medical laboratory professionals is critical and expected to increase as older professionals retire.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4279 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A baccalaureate degree and all pre-requisite courses must be completed prior to enrollment.Completion of the following credit hours of prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C” or better in each course:
- Prerequisite Course Work Credit Hours
- General Biology 8
- General Chemistry 8
- English or Communication 9
- Social Science 6
- Mathematics or Statistics 3
- Upper Division Science*
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.