At this Public Administration - Public and Nonprofit Management dual-degree option of University of Baltimore, you can earn both degrees concurrently by completing all required courses over a three- to four-year period.
- You'll complete a minimum of 78 credits in the law school and a minimum of 30 credits in the M.P.A. program.
- The UB School of Law recognizes 9 credits of the M.P.A. requirements as transferable to its program (or 6 credits if the degrees are not completed within the same academic year), and the College of Public Affairs reciprocally allows the transfer of up to 12 credits of law school courses to satisfy coursework requirements in the M.P.A. program. Specifically, the M.P.A. program agrees to waive PUAD 627: Legal and Ethical Environment of Public Administration for students in the dual-degree program as well as 9 specialization credit hours.
- You'll begin master’s program work during the summer preceding enrollment in the law school or during the summer after finishing the first year of law school, but you can't take courses within the master’s program during the fall and spring semesters of the first year of law school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Management
- Public Policy
- Bureaucracy and the Political Process
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Public Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Public Budgeting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
rolling for fall intake
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 630 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Apply to and meet the admission standards of both the School of Law and the Master of Public Administration program separately:
- School of Law admission
- Master of Public Administration admission standards
You can apply to the dual-degree program after having enrolled in either the J.D. or the M.P.A. program; however, to obtain the full benefit of credit sharing, Master of Public Administration students should enter the law school program no later than after the completion of 15 credits in the M.P.A. program.
- a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from a regionally accredited college or university or an undergraduate degree and a B average in 12 credits of graduate study
- proficiency in the use of office computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet and database programs, and of the Internet.
International20034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1113 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1113 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State13824 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.