Designed to stimulate personal and professional growth through concentrated work with dedicated peers, the Public Affairs program of the University of Minnesota allows students to design a program that aligns with their career goals at local, state, national, and international levels.
The framework of the MPA degree program is flexible and efficient. Classes are offered during the day, evening, some weekends, and during the summer. The program is adaptable to family, work, and other responsibilities. The majority of our MPA students take one or two classes at a time while working full-time, with most completing their degree in less than three years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Leadership Foundations
- Public Affairs Leadership
- Policy Analysis in Public Affairs
- Program Design and Implementation Analysis
- Qualitative Research Methods and Analysis
- Quantitative Research Methods and Analysis
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 401 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited US university or foreign equivalent
- English language proficiency
- At least 10 years of post-baccalaureate professional work experience is required for applicants to the MPA program. Pre-baccalaureate experience may be considered for applicants with a significant gap between completion of high school and the bachelor's degree
- Personal Statement
- Diversity Statement
- Impact Statement
- Academic Readiness Statement
- Resume or CV
- At least three letters of recommendation
- English Language Requirement
- Applicants wishing to provide additional information to the admissions committee which is not appropriate for other required documents but may be helpful in their consideration as a candidate for admission can submit a statement of extenuating circumstances
- The application fee is $75 for domestic students and $95 for international students
International2212 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2212 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2212 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2212 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State1409 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1409 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.