The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley offers an interdisciplinary Master's degree in Art History which opens doors to educational, museum, gallery, and other art world contexts.
- This program is interdisciplinary
- Candidates may elect a thesis option or a non-thesis option for this degree.
- Art History
- Modern Languages
- Mexican American Studies
- Women's Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Fine Arts View 200 other Masters in Fine Arts in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent with at least 18 hours of undergraduate upper division art history courses, unless applicant has already earned a Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources.
- Resume including educational background and work experience.
- GRE General Test. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.