Students begin the Master of Arts in Medical Ethics and Humanities Program from Northeast Ohio Medical University by building a foundation in the medical humanities with theoretical perspectives in ethics. This foundation gives students the tools to critically examine issues and values relevant to health care delivery, research, and the health care organization, as well as the ability to self-reflect, addressing biases and recognizing different viewpoints.
FeaturesAs medical science and technology continue to advance, there is an increasing concern over professional and ethical responsibilities in providing optimal care to patients and their families, and addressing issues among colleagues and institutions including, but not limited to: effective utilization of scarce or limited resources, disclosure of conflicts of interest, balancing healthcare delivery with clinical research, and developing therapeutic relationships in light of controversial public health policies and laws.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Medical Ethics and
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Ethics
- Human Values Practicum
- Research Writing for Scholarship
- Research Methods
- Clinical Ethics
- Organizational Ethics
- Medical Rhetoric
- Invalid Women
- Healthcare Justice
- Healthcare Law
- Pharmacy Ethics
- Psychiatric Ethics
- Primary Care Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Health Human Medicine View 1328 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university
- Hold up-to-date licensure, in the case of practicing professionals
- Exhibit a strong desire to enroll in ethics and humanities coursework
- Complete a NEOMED online admissions application, including payment of the $95 application fee
- Submit a personal statement; single spaced, minimum one page, not to exceed three pages that answers: Why are you an ideal candidate? Why do you want to earn a degree/graduate certificate in Medical Ethics and Humanities?
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions you have taken courses at. This includes both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Submit a letter of good academic standing (applicable to students and residents; letter must be sent by academic institution/residency director)
- Submit one letter of recommendation from previous or current faculty, mentors, or colleagues (Letter should not come from family members
International10208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 638 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 638 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Ravenna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.