General degree information
Students are currently working in industry in the U.S. and have been out of school for a period of time. The minimum GPA for an M.C.S. student is 3.0.
Candidates for this degree must complete a minimum of 31-semester credits in graduate courses with a minimum of 16 credits in the major. All major credits must be 5000 level or above, and at least 6 of the total credits must be 8000-level courses. These 8000-level credits must be Department of Computer Science course credits. One credit of the Computer Science Colloquium is mandatory and should be taken before filing a graduate degree plan and should be included on that form. Related field or minor courses are not required but are optional.
Students in the Computer Science program of the University of Minnesota can take most of their coursework online (through UNITE) or at night. Due to limited 8000 level courses offered through UNITE, it is challenging to complete the degree completely online. Students should expect to visit campus for various reasons connected to a course and degree completion steps. Courses that are offered online may require a student to be on campus for various things such as exams or presentations at the instructor's discretion.
- User Interface Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Operating Systems
- Analysis of Numerical Algorithms
- Human-Computer Interaction and User Interface Technology
- Recommender Systems
- Distributed Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 114 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A candidate must be a professional working in the computer science field or a closely related field in the United States at the time of application.
- A candidate must have a prior undergraduate or graduate degree in a major with a substantial background in computer science & engineering.
- A candidate must have a demonstrated ability to maintain a 3.0 GPA or greater. (There is no minimum GPA requirement to be eligible to apply. Admissions is based on a holistic review of all application materials provided.)
- Language scores must meet university operational standard.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for admission.
- Personal statement/statement of purpose
- Diversity statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
International29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
National29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State19754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19754 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.