While social scientists and scholars in humanities and cultural studies are becoming increasingly interested in the psychoanalysis of culture and in the cultural analysis of psychoanalysis, very few institutions of higher education provide an arena for such an interdisciplinary undertaking.
The Master of Arts (MA) programs in Psychoanalysis, Society, and Culture of Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, the first of its kind in the United States, has emerged to fill the gap in the academy for such critical pursuits. Its distinct mission is to promote systematic dialogue between psychoanalysis, critical social theory, and cultural analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychoanalytic Theory of Early Development
- Psychoanalytic Concepts
- Comparative Psychoanalysis
- Dream, Fantasy, and Symbolic Communication
- Transference, Countertransference, and Resistance
- Psychoanalytic Psychopathology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 379 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application or printed application form
- Application fee of $100
- One-page personal statement of interest
- Two (2) current letters of reference and two (2) letter of reference waiver forms (At least one reference should be academic, and the others should be from professional or academic sources)
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Academic writing sample
International830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 24 months.
National830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Brookline
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.