The programs in Psychoanalysis, Society and Culture offer an open forum for the exploration and systematic analysis of the interface between psychoanalysis and the social and cultural matrix within which it is embedded. This interface becomes especially critical when we undertake research, policy formulation or clinical practice within such a multicultural society as the United States.
More informationVisit official programme website
In the Master of Arts program in Psychoanalysis, Society and Culture, students:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the broad scope of psychoanalysis as a discipline, including its theories of unconscious motivation, affect, and the nature of the mind.
- Learn about the range of methods used in psychoanalytic and sociocultural studies, including quantitative, qualitative, ethnographic and textual analysis, and demonstrate an understanding of the range, value and utility of data sources for interdisciplinary research in psychoanalysis and culture.
- Acquire a grounding in critical social theory and its history, and develop a critical attitude towards the traditional disciplinary premises about the nature of mind and society.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology View 347 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Application form
- Application fee of $100
- One-page personal statement of interest
- Three (3) current letters of reference and three (3) letter of reference waiver forms (At least one reference should be academic, and the others should be from professional or academic sources)
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Academic writing sample
International770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.