Mathematics (5-8 or 8-12) from Cambridge College explores the concepts, language, and procedures of mathematics—advancing your math education and developing your ability to apply mathematics to the world around you. Available in licensure and non-licensure options, the program is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Teaching mathematics to children and high school students is a rewarding career that gives you the chance to make a difference and change lives. Qualified math teachers are also in high demand—in Massachusetts and across the nation.
Jobs in mathematics for program graduates include:
- Math teacher (grades 5-8 or 8-12)
- Mathematics specialist
- Mathematics coach
- Mathematics director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Technology in Mathematics Learning & Teaching (K-12)
- Number Theory
- Abstract Algebra
- Non-Euclidean Geometry
- Probability and Statistics
- Applied Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Diagnosis & Remediation of Learning Problems in Mathematics (K-12)
- Inclusion in Math Class
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S. prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 1669 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A complete, signed application
- Application fee: $100.00
- Completed Application Supplement for F1 International Students
- Photocopy of your current passport
- Photocopy of your visa (if you are currently in the U.S.)
- Photocopy of pages 1 and 3 of your current I-20 (if you are in the U.S. in F1 status)
- Personal Statement
- Letter of reference
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Second letter of reference
- Current résumé
- Earned bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA required.
- Two Professional Recommendations
International17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.