English as a Second Language from Cambridge College meets all state regulations for licensing of Teachers of English as a Second Language, with the Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement. The program is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.English learners are one of the fastest growing groups of students in the United States.
Graduates of the licensure program are able to teach English as a second language in a variety of educational settings, such as:
- Public, private, and charter schools
- Educational collaboratives
- Community programs
Licensure graduates are also eligible for the Massachusetts SEI Teacher Endorsement.
Non-licensure master’s degree graduates are able to provide ESL support and tutoring in schools, and to teach or tutor ESL in other settings including:
- Higher education intensive ESL
- Other countries
- Immigrant support programs
- Workplace ESL
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education for English Learners
- Linguistics and Language Variations
- Methods and Materials for English as a Second Language
- Teaching Reading and Writing to ESL Students
- Technology for Linguistically Diverse Classrooms
- Equitable Assessment for ESL Learners
- Second Language Acquisition and Culture
- Sheltered Instruction and Assessment
- Identification and Instruction of ESL Learners with Disabilities
- Teaching Content to ESL Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S. prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1044 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
- A complete, signed application
- Application fee: $100.00
- Completed Application Supplement for F1 International Students
- Photocopy of your current passport
- Photocopy of your visa (if you are currently in the U.S.)
- Photocopy of pages 1 and 3 of your current I-20 (if you are in the U.S. in F1 status)
- Personal Statement
- Letter of reference
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Second letter of reference
- Current résumé
- Earned bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA required.
- Two Professional Recommendations
International17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.