Diversity in Queens refers to ethnic, cultural, and geographical origins. The department recognizes the varied academic traditions that such diversity implies. Our focus, therefore, is on building a foundation to bridge the students’ cultural differences, in order to ensure their continued academic and career development.
With these goals in mind, the department has established a Master of Arts program from The City University of New York and a Master of Science in Secondary Education program that serve a large group of students who are educators, as well as a number of students who will continue their graduate studies at the doctoral level. More specifically, the Master of Arts degree in Spanish leads to teaching careers in secondary education and college, and to admission to doctoral programs in Spanish or comparative literature. Courses cover numerous aspects of Spanish and Latin American literature viewed through various methods of literary criticism.
- History of the Spanish Language
- Foundations of Hispanic Linguistics
- Hispanic Sociolinguistics and Dialectology
- Creative Writing in Spanish
- Medieval Spanish Literature
- Golden Age Spanish Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 790 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate degree with strong component in Spanish (21 credits beyond the second-year of language), including the equivalent of SPAN 240, 250, 260, 280, 290, 310, or 312 and a 300-level elective course.
- The credentials of each applicant are to be examined by a departmental committee which shall have the authority to accept or reject the candidate. This committee may request an interview with a candidate for admission if necessary.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.