Coursework provides a broad understanding of crop production and physiology, and thesis research allows for specialization.
Areas of specialization include agronomy, pomology, horticulture, weed science, entomology, plant pathology, soils and irrigation, and mechanized agriculture. Graduate courses are offered in the late afternoon or evening permitting students to earn a degree within two or three years when working closely with an adviser.
The Department of Plant Science at California State University, Fresno is located in the nation's most productive agricultural valley. Our graduates acquire a sound academic background that is deeply rooted in field-based experience in the broad array of disciplines within Plant Science. These include pomology, olericulture, agronomy, environmental horticulture, soils, irrigation, economic entomology, plant pathology, weed science, and mechanized agriculture.
Our faculty hold advanced degrees in these disciplines, and regularly integrate this knowledge directly in the field and laboratories. The university's 1000 acre agricultural field laboratory, greenhouse facilities, and the Jordan Agricultural Research Center are home to cutting-edge horticultural and agronomic practices, using the latest innovations in crop production, mechanization, irrigation, soil fertility, propagation, and pest management.
- Completion of a degree in Plant Science at California State University, Fresno is your gateway to a career in agriculture.
- Our program is also designed to provide the academic background for certification/licensing as an Irrigation Specialist, Certified Irrigation Designer, Certified Arborist, California Certified Nursery Professional, Certified Crop Adviser (CCA), Certified Professional Agronomist, Certified Entomologist, CA Department of Pesticide Regulation Certification (Agricultural Pest Control Advisor and Qualified Applicator), Certified Horticulturist, or for advanced studies in Plant Sciences.
- Our graduates are sought after by many of the world's leading agricultural industries and agencies and many have entered leading graduate (MS, Ph.D.) programs worldwide.
- Biometrics in Agriculture
- Agricultural Laboratory Techniques
- Introduction to Crop Science
- Row Crops
- Cereal and Forage Crops
- Range Ecology and Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPlant & Crop Sciences View 109 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.