The Urban Placemaking and Management 40-credit program at Pratt Institute equips students to qualify for employment in a range of institutional, governmental, nonprofit, and private-sector settings.
Students gain a broad theoretical knowledge of the historical, political, and social frameworks with which to conceptualize the public realm, while developing skills to analyze urban space and understand the relationship of public space to public policy and private development. Through studios and internships, students gain further practical understanding of the planning and design of public space, including management and the integration of the principles of sustainability into public-space development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- History & Theory of Public Places
- Lab:Analysis of Public Space
- Urban Placemaking and Management
- Democracy, Equity , and Public Space
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Urban Planning View 109 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International63096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63096 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National63096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63096 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.