The Criminal Justice curriculum contains a broad range of courses including Police Science, Social Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Law designed to equip students for work in the field of criminal justice. The Department's wide range of academic courses are intended to achieve the following major objectives:
- Provide students with an academic, ethical, and legal foundation for employment opportunities within the criminal justice field.
- Foster the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
> good communication skills (written and oral)
> improved critical thinking (problem solving and reflective judgment)
> sharpen moral reasoning
> deepen the appreciation and complexity of living in a more global society
- Global Crime and Insecurity
- Responding to Global Crime and Insecurity
- Criminological Research Methods
- Fundamental Issues in International Law
- Criminal Justice and Penal Process
- General Principles of Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Theoretical Criminology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 165 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- A completed application for Admission to Graduate School and a non-refundable $35.00 application fee
- Official transcripts and authorized school records with a course-by-course listing of courses and grades received; such transcripts must have been evaluated by a foreign educational credential agency, at the student’s expense.
- A complete listing of acceptable agencies can be found on the NACES Website
- Applicable test scores, such as GMAT, GRE, FE, MAT, etc.
- Copy of current, valid passport
- Evidence of financial resources sufficient to provide tuition and fees for the academic year (minimum of $28,500 USD) and an affidavit of support
International1095 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1095 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1095 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1095 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State513 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 513 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.