At School Counseling from New York Institute of Technology you will learn to work with diverse learners, understand cultural contexts, and collaborate with families, teachers, and the community.
Focused on culturally competent school counseling and social justice, the School Counseling, M.S. helps you become a compassionate, effective advocate for the academic, social, and emotional success of pre-K–12 students.
You’ll gain a broad foundation on prevalent topics in school counseling today, including leadership, group counseling, working with special needs students, college counseling, and school violence prevention. You’ll also acquire the hands-on experience you need through a practicum and internships under the mentorship of a tenured school counselor in a pre-K–12 school setting.
- Academic Advisor
- Career Counselor
- College Advisor
- Educational/Youth Support Organization Staff
- Pre-K-12 School Counselor
- Group Counseling, Leadership, and Facilitation Skills
- Consultation: School and Community
- School Counseling Programs Development and Implementation
- Social Justice, Diversity, and Cultural Issues
- School Violence Prevention and Student Behavior Management
- Educational Law, Policy, and Ethics
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
U.S. students applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
DisciplinesEducation Philosophy & Ethics School Counselling View 298 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Academic background in psychology, education, sociology, law or related behavioral science, or work experience in a school, social agency, hospital, criminal justice, or community action program ideal but not required.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Participate in a structured individual or group interview with program faculty.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Portfolio: Describe how your career path has led you to the school counseling profession? What excites you about working as a school counselor?
- Three department reference forms attesting to your leadership, advocacy skills, and potential to succeed in graduate studies.
- Signed Candidate Statement of Understanding.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.