- The Department of Film and Theatre Arts offers a Master of Fine Arts degree. Theatre students may elect to concentrate in Theatre Performance, Directing, or Theatre Design.
- The Master of Fine Arts is a terminal degree for students interested in pursuing careers in film production, theatre arts, and in creative writing. The program requires completion of 60 credit hours of study plus a thesis project which must be performed or exhibited publicly prior to graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
Fields of Study:Film Production
The overriding philosophy of the Film program is to train the entire filmmaker. Students are expected to be, at a minimum, conversant with all aspects of the filmmaking process, from screenwriting and directing to cinematography, sound, and editing. Film theory and history are also considered essential components.
Theatre Performance (Acting or Directing)We are the only university in the country to have won two American College Theatre Festival National Playwriting Awards AND two National Irene Ryan Acting Awards. Our Theatre Arts program is so rewarding because it is so demanding. We are fully accredited by NAST (National Association of Schools of Theatre).
Theatre DesignTo develop a meaningful voice to our artistry and to share that talent in the community and educational arenas. We combine theory and practice for a solid foundation in this highly demanding discipline.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 281 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a 4-year degree equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree or international equivalent will be considered for conditional admission.
- 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all graduate coursework
- GRE and GMAT are not required for applicants to the M.F.A. program in Fine Arts, the M.M. program in Music, the M.A. program in History and the M.S. program in Chemistry. GRE or GMAT may be waived for students entering Master’s programs and who already possess a graduate degree
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- CV or Resume
International13678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13678 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9108 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.