The Architecture program of The New School focuses on contemporary issues directly affecting the field, ranging from new representational techniques to sustainable built and natural systems. It prepares students to enter the professional architecture community and shape the built environment and the field.
Graduates have gone on to open their own practices and work in prominent firms, including Diller Scofidio + Renfro, LevenBetts, Bernheimer Architecture, Bjarke Ingels Group, Gensler, Lewis.Tsurumaki.Lewis, Matter Architecture Practice, Smith-Miller Hawkinson, and Young Projects. Graduates have pursued careers in engineering, urban planning, landscape design, and interior design as well as architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Studio
- Representation and Spatial Reasoning
- Histories of Architecture
- Environmental Technology
- Construction Technology
- Theory of Architectural Form
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 311 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application. All applicants are required to apply online
- The application fee is $50. The fee is paid through the online application and is non-refundable. There is also a $15 SlideRoom fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- A GRE or TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo score is required of all applicants
- International students who receive a TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo waiver must instead provide a GRE score
International51750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25875 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National51750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25875 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.