The M. Ed. in Special Education requires students to complete 36 credits. The program of study includes 27 credits of coursework in special education required for certification as Teacher of Students with Disabilities, 6 credits of advanced courses in special education and 3 credits in research that result in the completion of a culminating project. The project extends learning by providing and experience in designing and implementing an action research project related to inclusive education.The M. Ed. meets the needs of working professionals who typically enroll in 3-6 credits per semester. The courses are offered in the evenings and summer. A maximum of 6 graduate credits may be accepted from other institutions, provided that the courses are parallel in content and requirements to those in the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Art and Special Education
- Graduate Visual Arts Workshop
- Learning and Development in Children With and Without Disabilities
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children with Disabilities: Birth to Age
- Strengthening Partnerships with Families of Children with Disabilities
- Language and Early Literacy Development
- Critical Basics of Media and Technology Production
- Evaluation and Selection of Educational Media
- Literature for Adolescents
- Literacies, Digital Technology and Learning
- Evaluation and Planning for Students with Learning Problems I
- Educating Students with Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Transition Services for Students with Disabilities
- Teaching Organization and Study Skills for the Inclusive Classroom
- Medical and Physical Bases of Disabilities
- Consultation Methods in Psychoeducational Settings
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.