Briefly stated, this program aims to provide:
- A comprehensive view of the field of child advocacy that includes both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary components.
- A particular understanding of the intricacies of the public child welfare system.
- Competencies in knowledge, methods, and applications needed for careers and professional development in the field of child advocacy.
- Field work experience in occupational settings such as the offices of the Division of Children & Families (DCF), Child Advocacy Centers, Residential Treatment facilities, the Juvenile Justice System among others.
- Access to the program to individuals living in the central and southern regions of the state through a distance-learning component.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Bullying Spectrum
- Introduction to Adolescent Advocacy
- Development and Trauma in Adolescence
- Adolescents and the System
- Substance Abuse and Family Crisis
- Family Empowerment Models for Child Advocates
- Child Protective Service Investigation
- Child Welfare Policy
- Engaging the Adolescent
- Child Advocacy Policy and Practice
- Research and Evaluation
- Seminar: Selected Topics in Child Advocacy
- Seminar in Adolescent Advocacy
- Culturally Competent Practice in Child Advocacy
- Permanency Planning
- Advocacy in Child Behavioral Health
- Clinical Applications in Addictions Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling and Development
- Counseling Co-Occurring Disorders
- Introduction to Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling
- Child in the Family
- Intercultural Study of Family
- United States Legal System
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 57 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.