Students may choose to concentrate their studies in one of several areas. Among these areas are second language learning and teaching, TESL, discourse analysis, computational linguistics, language policy and language planning. As an example, students who are interested in the interaction between language and society might choose to take Language Policy and Language Planning, Language and Culture, and Languages in Contact as three of their electives.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Discourse Analysis
- Current Theories of Second Language Acquisition
- Language Policy and Language Planning
- Computational Linguistics
- Translation Theory
- The Structure of American Sign Language
- Corpus Linguistics
- Topics in Cognitive Linguistics
- Cross-Cultural Discourse Analysis
- Forensic Linguistics
- Sociocultural Theory and Second Language Acquisition/Learning
- Advanced Structure of American English
- Methodology of Teaching ESL
- Computer-Assisted Language Instruction
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Language and Culture in Minority Education
- Languages in Contact
- Language Policy in Nations in Transition
- Languages of the USA
- Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Language Socialization
- Cross-cultural Perspectives on Literacy
- Linguistics and Reading
- Current Issues in Natural Language Processing
- Language and Mobile Communication
- Selected Topics in Applied Linguistics
- Independent Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 717 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.