The Accountancy program at Duquesne University is a 30-credit program that starts in the fall semester. It can be completed in one year with daytime and evening courses or in two years with evening courses.
- The program focuses on forensic accounting, financial reporting, and information systems with an emphasis on ethical issues facing accountants.
- Through small class sizes, hands-on learning and individualized attention throughout the program, your Duquesne experience is uniquely your own.
- Combined with your undergraduate degree, the program enables you to meet the 150 academic credits required for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure in Pennsylvania and most other states.
- Duquesne MAcc students perform well on the CPA exam with pass rates exceeding the state and national averages.
- Duquesne MAcc students also succeed on licensing exams such as the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Upon graduation, the MAcc students accept positions with the international Big Four accounting firms, national and regional CPA firms, corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Fraud Examination
- Internal Audit
- Info Systems Audit and Control
- Business Analytics for Decision Making
- Non-profit and Governmental Accounting
- SEC Reporting
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applicants who are not pursuing graduate assistantships may apply to the MS in Accountancy until the start of classes.
DisciplinesAccounting Auditing Business Intelligence & Analytics View 98 other Masters in Auditing in United States
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT/GRE Scores
- Two professional references are required as part of the application process. References should be from former professors or supervisors who can evaluate your potential for graduate study
- International students are required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score
International30330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1011 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1011 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.