We offer a master degree in Clinical Nutrition at the Rush University. Part-time students usually complete the program in three to five years. Full-time study usually requires 18 months. Whether a full- or part-time student, you must complete the required 36 credits within five years of matriculation.
You may be able to transfer credit hours of applicable graduate credit from another accredited university. To transfer credits, you must receive a “B” grade or better for the course and get approval from your supervisory committee.
Research is an integral part of the nutrition master’s degree program. You will have the opportunity to complete a research thesis, but it is not required.
Clinical nutrition career options
- A Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition prepares students to pursue advanced career opportunities in specialty areas such as nutrition support, pediatrics and renal nutrition.
- A Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition degree also provides students with a strong foundation in theoretical and practical knowledge from coursework in the areas of nutrition and dietetics.
- The program allows students to specialize in a wide variety of areas with most graduates focusing their career on specific interests and specialty areas in the field of clinical nutrition, as well as enhancing their ability to be successful professionals in specialized or general areas in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A master’s degree in clinical nutrition (M.S. in Clinical Nutrition) prepares students for careers in federal or state agencies, public health or wellness settings, private industry, research or academic settings.
- The clinical nutrition program curriculum combines theoretical knowledge and evidence-based research with practical clinical applications.
- Students enhance their ability to critically think in order to take on all challenges in the field of clinical nutrition. Additionally, students learn to design, implement and present research thereby enhancing their ability to gather, assess and critically analyze data.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 243 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form.
- Unofficial transcripts - An unofficial copy of your transcript from each college and university attended is required. Copies should be uploaded online via the application system only.
- Grade point average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- Standardized test scores.
- TOEFL scores - Scores must be submitted for international applicants who have received a diploma from a university at which English is not the language of instruction. TOEFL scores will be waived for non-native English speakers who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a US accredited institution and have demonstrated language proficiency supported by the interview.
- Applicant fee - A $50 application fee is required to submit the application.
- Statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.