The program in Applied Archaeology at the California State University San Bernardino provides an education in anthropological archaeology with a focus on developing a solid background in archaeological method and theory combined with practical experience in field and laboratory studies.
Students are then trained how to use that background in an applied setting through courses focused on CRM regulations, procedures, and practice, along with opportunities to work along State, Federal, and Tribal entities. Students in the program will graduate with a broad understanding of both academic and CRM archaeology, learning how these archaeologies are complimentary and can be used in concert within our discipline.
- Program focus on a foundation of Anthropological Archaeology and training on how that is used in the applied setting.
- Active field and lab research opportunities on prehistoric and historic sites on the California mainland and islands.
- Graduate assistantships are available each academic year.
- You can utilize your existing work in the cultural resource management field to satisfy some program requirements.
- Graduates are prepared for a variety of positions with the cultural resources management industry, including federal and state agencies, private consulting firms, tribal entities, and museums.
- Students will earn the skills and theoretical basis to continue on for a Ph.D. in anthropological archaeology at another institution if they choose to do so.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Archaeological Laboratory Analysis
- Advanced Studies in California Archaeology
- Cultural Resource Management: Laws, Regulations, and Procedures
- Cultural Resource Management in Practice
- Research Design, Methods, and Problems in Archaeology
- Writing for CRM
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchaeology View 37 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
- $70 Application fee
- Prior college transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
International14726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14726 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.