The Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program is offered in Little Rock. After completion of the foundation year, students choose one of two concentrations for their second academic year of study: advanced direct practice (ADP) or management and community practice (MCP). The M.S.W. curriculum consists of 60 hours of graduate work, including 32 foundation hours, 22 concentration hours, and six elective hours. Internships are an integral part of the curriculum design, totaling 18 hours of course work or 1200 practice hours by graduation (1000 hours for advanced-standing students). Advanced-standing students are given credit for 17 hours of graduate work and need 43 hours to graduate. For more information about the program, visit the following website.
Part-time, Fully On-Line Program
The online program focuses on clinical social work practice, where students will learn contemporary, evidence-informed practice approaches that can be used across a wide range of settings and with diverse groups of individuals, families and groups. The program can be completed in three years, which includes the completion of both course work and field internships. Field placements are determined by the MSW field coordinator, in conjunction with the student, and every attempt is made to find a suitable placement in, or near, your geographical location.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social Gerontology
- Introduction to Animal Assisted Therapy
- Social Aspects of Death and Dying
- Adult Development and Aging
- Foundations of Social Work Practice I
- Foundations of Social Work Practice II
- Advanced Standing Seminar
- Health and Biology of Aging
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 343 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Baccalaureate degree with a liberal arts perspective from an accredited college or university.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Satisfactory scores on either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Test scores must be received before an admission decision can be made.
- Narrative statement of professional orientation. (format included in the application packet)
- Acceptable references indicating a propensity for both academics and social work practice.
- Three form letters of reference from professional, academic, or volunteer associates. (forms included in the application packet)Volunteer, employment, and other life experiences relevant to the career choice of social work.
- Official transcripts with degree posted prior to the student’s enrolling in a graduate level course.
International725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.