The Nurse Educator option leads to a masters of science degree accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The 54 units of course work build on the content of the baccalaureate degree and has a strong emphasis in advanced nursing theories, physiology, cultural and behavioral concepts, research, nursing issues and role development. The teaching-learning strand within the curriculum is on the development of advanced intellectual, clinical, leadership, and investigative skills.
Students may be admitted any term during the year, part-time study is available, and courses are offered to accommodate working nurses. The student will be encouraged to obtain certification in their clinical area as part of the evidence of clinical expertise for the faculty role.
Possible Careers: Clinical or classroom teaching in nursing education at colleges/universities
The University is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The MS and DNP Programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Foundations for Evidence-based Practice
- Health Systems Policy Development and Advocacy
- Intermediate Statistics for Translational Nursing Research
- Translational Research for Advanced Practice
- Bioethics and Society
- Ethical Issues in Public Health
- Christian Social Ethics
- Bioethics and the Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 716 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0, both cumulative and in nursing courses
- Current RN license
- Application with personal essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts for all college credits
- Interview by faculty members in the School of Nursing
- One year of RN experience is required prior to entering clinical courses
- Nursing experience is preferred in the area of desired clinical option
- Each applicant's clinical experience will be individually evaluated.
- Health Science Reasoning Test
- Essay on future nursing role
International27504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.