The Masters of Science in Marital & Family Therapy program is consistent with Loma Linda University's vision of transforming lives through whole person health care. Our mission is to bring health, healing, wholeness, and hope to individuals, families, and communities through education, research, clinical training, and community service. The M.S. program accomplishes this by addressing relational needs and concerns of individuals and families over the life course in the contexts of communities and global society.
The Department of Counseling and Family Sciences offers combined degrees in Marital and Family Therapy with Clinical Ministry, LLU School of Religion (M.S./M.A.) and in Marital and Family Therapy with Public Health, LLU School of Public Health (M.S./M.P.H.).
Possible Careers: Graduates from Loma Linda University's MFT Master's program are in demand as administrators, educators, psychotherapists, consultants, medical family therapists, alcohol and drug specialists, case managers, family and clinical mediators, clinic directors in working environments - both for and non-profit agencies, hospitals, colleges and universities, family court, group homes, private practice, and professional organizations.
The Western Association regionally accredits the program for Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) nationally accredits the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Medical Family Therapy
- Health & Illness in Families
- Family Therapy & Medicine
- Medical Family Therapy Seminar
- Clinical 1 – Systemic Foundations for Practice
- Clinical 2 - Social Constructionism and Postmodern Practice
- Clinical 3 - Larger & Multiple systems in Clinical Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology View 890 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Minimum grade-point average 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in bachelor's course work for at least the final 45 units prior to graduation.
- Health clearance
- A background check (required before matriculation to the program)
- Official transcripts on file
- Three letters of recommendation, as specified
- A personal statement (included in online application)
- Interview with department faculty as scheduled (on-campus group interviews are scheduled for mid-March and mid-May; other on-campus and phone interviews are scheduled individually)
International40514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National40514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.