Students in this Music Composition program from the Central Michigan University take core courses in music theory, history and research, study applied composition and theoretical compositional practice, and complete a thesis project that involves composing a significant work.
- Composition students have many opportunities to present their original pieces, including concerts throughout the semester as well as state and regional conferences.
- Students have the opportunity to work and do research alongside faculty who have a national and international reputation. Graduate assistantships are offered on a competitive basis.
The composition degree is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are required to submit a thesis project or significant composition and an analysis paper of the work for graduation.
- Students also must pass a written comprehensive examination in music history and an oral examination in composition.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic View 953 other Masters in Music in United States
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- an in-person interview (or video conference interview if distance prohibits);
- a portfolio of compositions with scores and audio files;
- three letters of recommendation; and
- a writing sample.
International850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State637 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 637 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.