The Urban and Public Affairs program offered by University of San Francisco combines graduate seminars in urban studies, politics, sociology, and public policy with hands-on experience in community-based research, policy design, policy analysis, advocacy, and implementation.
Graduates with Urban and Public Affairs from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- demonstrate a theoretical, practical, and ethical understanding of community change, through practices including public policy advocacy, campaigns, and/or political/community organizing
- critically analyze problems in urban and regional policy and politics using a variety of research methods
- demonstrate the capacity for effective oral and written communication
- evaluate and develop urban and regional policy, while learning to situate models of social change within historical and regional contexts
- contribute to informed public discourse around contemporary political and urban policy issues through addressing issues in public policy, advocacy, community organizing, politics, and public service
Students will be well prepared for a variety of careers in community-based non-profits; advocacy and public interest organizations; political organizations; governmental agencies; think tanks, philanthropic organizations; and private sector entities; as well as for further graduate study.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Urban Power Seminar
- Rhetoric of Social Controversy
- Urban Public Finance
- Community-Engaged Public Policy Research
- Leadership For The Common Good
- Housing, Community and Policy
- Urban & Regional Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy Political Science View 278 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- A Bachelor's degree in any field is required.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended.
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.