With origins dating back to 1914, the Deaf Education program at Washington University in St. Louis is recognized internationally as one of the most prestigious of its kind. The program’s intensive curriculum, emphasis on immersion in practice teaching, and experienced faculty attract students nationally from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The program is accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Council on Education of the Deaf (CED). All graduates of the two-year program will meet the academic, practical and research requirements for initial certification in Missouri (deaf/hearing impaired, birth-grade 12) and by CED.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing
- Behavior Management
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- SIgn Language
- Typical Language Development
- Language Instruction for Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Clinical Audiology I
- Amplification Systems and Aural Rehabilitation for Children
- Observation and Practicum in Deaf Education
- Reading Instruction for Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Education Curriculum for Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing I
- Speech for Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Research Seminar
- Fundamentals of Early Intervention and Child Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling admissions deadline: June 1, 2023
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 772 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 24 months.
National57750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57750 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.