The objective of the Nutrition Science program from the University of Memphis is to ensure that our graduates obtain an advanced and comprehensive education in nutrition along with research training that includes experimental design and analysis, laboratory skills, and experiences in scientific writing and presentations.
- Interdisciplinary opportunities exist with faculty in biological sciences, chemistry and biochemistry, exercise and sport science, and psychology, as well as with faculty at other institutions within the Memphis area.
- You'll have opportunities to study the influences of nutrition at levels of organization ranging from genes to intact organisms. Although many students will have an interest in human nutrition, there are also opportunities to study the nutrition of companion, exotic and production animals.
The Dietetic Internship at the University of Memphis is currently granted accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master’s degree in nutrition science is a 33-credit-hour program that offers a diversity of courses so you can develop a curriculum that is matched to your specific interests. A research project culminating in a formal thesis is required.
- Students entering the program will need to identify a research advisor who will assist in forming a graduate committee that will provide guidance in identifying courses and will assist in the design, performance, analysis and interpretation of your research.
- Students completing the degree program will be well-prepared for advanced graduate study (Ph.D. or M.D.), as well as for employment opportunities in academics, private industry or government. Moreover, the multidisciplinary training available will position graduates of the program to be leaders in the field of nutrition.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International Applicants Currently in the US
- Fall July 1
- Spring December 1
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 238 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate Degree: The applicant must provide an official transcript showing that a bachelor’s degree was awarded by an accredited college or university. In cases, where a program’s accrediting body allows alternate admissions standards, exceptions may be made. If you are a UofM undergraduate student applying to Graduate School at UofM, you do not need to request that an official transcript be sent to Graduate Admissions.
- For domestic students, signed and sealed transcripts that have been in the applicant’s possession can be used for admission purposes; however, official transcripts may later be requested.
- Entrance Examinations: New applicants may be required by the individual program to have taken an appropriate entrance examination within five years of the application date.
International896 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 896 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National704 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 704 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.