Successful completion of the M.A. in Social Work (SW) meets the educational requirements for the LSW and LISW in Ohio as regulated by the Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
Licensure and certification requirements vary from state to state. If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please contact the appropriate state licensing entity. The Master of Arts in social work is required in all states to begin the licensure process.
If you earn a Master of Arts in Social Work at Wright State University , you will be eligible to become a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) in Ohio. Please refer to the Ohio Counselor Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for more information. If you live out-of-state, check the licensing board requirements for that state. Each state establishes its own regulations for issuing a degree.
The M.A.S.W. is the acceptable degree for licensure, but other states may have other requirmenents for applicants.
Your scope of practice will include applying advanced generalist knowledge, skills, and values in direct practice, administration, and advocacy across different social service settings while working with persons across the lifespan.
- Ethics, Professionalism, and Self-Care
- Human Behavior and Social Environment
- SW Practice
- Graduate SW Research
- Cultural Competency in SW
- Social Welfare Policy
- Field Education
- SW Elective
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 607 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- You must apply online for all graduate school programs, including non-degree programs. Paper applications are not accepted. The application should be filled out carefully and completely. Select Not Applicable (N/A) when appropriate. If the application form is submitted with essential information missing, processing may be delayed until such information is received.
- A non-refundable $40 fee is required for each degree or licensure application. A nonrefundable $10 fee is required for each non-degree seeking application or certificate program application.
- Submit one official transcript sent from each institution attended (except Wright State). If you have transfer or College Credit Plus credit, you are required to submit an official transcript from each college where you had originally completed course work.
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7149 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.