Students graduating with a Master of Arts in Social Work from this joint program will be prepared to work in direct practice and administrative social work positions in private and public settings helping clients across the lifespan meet their basic human needs.MASW graduatesare also eligible to become Licensed Social Workers (LSW) and Licensed Independent Social Workers (LISW) in the state of Ohio (www.cswmft.ohio.gov).
Full-time (2 years), part-time (3-4 years), or advanced standing (3 semesters) programs are offered to admittedgraduate students. Classes are taught on Miami University’s Middletown campus with a few classes scheduled on the WSU main campus.Both universities appear on the graduate’s diploma.
Under the Advanced Generalist Concentration, students choose electives from two Concentration Focus Areas: 1) Families and Children or 2) Older Adults. Students in the advanced standing program will complete 500 hours of field education; all other students will complete 900 hours of field education over the course of the program.
If you earn a Master of Arts in Social Work at Wright State University, you will be eligible to become a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) in Ohio. Please refer to the Ohio Counsellor Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for more information. Your scope of practice will include applying advanced generalist knowledge, skills, and values in direct practice, administration, and advocacy across different social service settings while working with persons across the lifespan.
Recent social work graduates are currently working in:
- Adoption services
- Children’s services
- County prosecutor’s office
- County probation office
- Emergency housing facilities
- Family services
- Mental health centers
- Older adult living facilities
- Probation and parole boards
- Public schools
- Victim crisis Intervention
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social Welfare Policy
- Human Behavior and Social Environment – Macro Systems
- Social Work Practice
- Field Education
- Concentration Focus Area Elective
- Social Welfare Policy
- Graduate Social Work Research
- Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 342 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher (based on a 4.0 system) for all previous undergraduate academic work
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in social work or behavioral science courses
- Have completed the following behavioral science coursework:
- at least one course in psychology, sociology, or anthropology
- at least one course in American history, American government, or economics
- at least one course in human biology
- at least one course in statistics
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7149 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.