The Geography program offered by University of Nevada, Reno curriculum and research specialize in the study of desert and mountain landscapes and people in arid and mountainous environments.
During our M.S. in Geography at University of Nevada, Reno students will:
- maximize their learning experiences by efficiently progressing through the program.
- attain a suitable degree of comfort with advanced-level research in physical, human, or cultural geography.
- demonstrate an advanced level of scholarly research by completing a thesis.
- link their work and educational experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Nature of Geography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Plan A (Thesis) 31 unitsPlan B (Non-thesis) 36 units
DisciplinesGeography View 195 other Masters in Geography in United States
For admission to the M.S. program, a baccalaureate degree in Geography or a related discipline is required. Applications for acceptance into the Geography M.S. program are sent to the Graduate School, and must include:
- a graduate admission application form, including fees;
- an official copy of GRE scores (optional); and
- official college transcripts.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.