The MSP is designed to prepare students for careers in peacebuilding—e.g. international development, conflict resolution, resource stewardship. The MSP curriculum is designed to develop student expertise in systems thinking, social-ecological interactions, and the application of such concepts to peacebuilding and development fields. In addition to fulfilling all Graduate School master’s degree requirements, MSP students are required to take 44 credits over the course of six semesters—two full calendar years. Only full-time students will be accepted to the program.
Students completing the MSP will:
- Classify the various components of complex social-ecological systems and identify appropriate intervention strategies.
- Recognize patterns of human-environment interaction, including drivers of change resulting in conflict, development, and peacebuilding.
- Acquire critical knowledge across at least four distinct disciplines relevant to development and peacebuilding and relate and translate knowledge among the disciplines.
- Facilitate effective group problem-solving processes, which includes communicating confidently and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Assess systemic outcomes of peacebuilding programs and policies and recommend adaptive modifications for improvement.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Politics and Policy of Sustainability
- Complex Human-Environmental Interactions
- Preparing for Sustainable Peacebuilding and Social Change
- Holistic Peacebuilding Practice
- Transdisciplinary Research Methods and Information Literacy
- Innovation, Evaluation, and Adaptive Management
- Workshop on Negotiation and Group Problem Solving Skills
- Leadership and Program Management for Sustainable Peacebuilding
- Study Abroad. (Subtitled)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 245 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
AdmissionIn addition to satisfying Graduate School requirements for admission, applicants must provide the following materials to be considered for admission:
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional work, preferably one academic and one professional recommendation.
- A writing sample that demonstrates the applicant’s critical thinking, research, and writing skills as well as the applicant’s ability to think across disciplines.
- A current resume that clearly articulates the applicant’s professional, international, and intercultural experiences. as well as language exposure and proficiencies.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Minnesota - $18202
- Illinois - $17054
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.