The Financial Economics programme from the University of Birmingham will be primarily targeted at students with an undergraduate degree in an economics-based degree but with a desire to obtain a technical training relevant for the world of finance.
With its blend of generic modules and specialist financial modules, MSc Financial Economics would be ideal for individuals wishing to embark on a career in the finance industry.
This course will give students an insight into financial markets and the world of banking from an economics perspective.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Econometrics with Financial Applications
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Options and Derivatives
- Theory of Finance
- Topics in Money and Banking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 68 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14130 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14130 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.