With its blend of generic modules and specialist financial modules, this course would be ideal for individuals wishing to embark on a career in the finance industry. The Financial Economics programme is offered by the University of Birmingham.
Your employability options are vast and varied, our strong links with industry mean that rigorous undergraduate academic study is combined with a real practical focus, leading to excellent job opportunities.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometrics with Financial Applications
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Options and Derivatives
- Theory of Finance
- Topics in Money and Banking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 863 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level
International21960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21960 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14670 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.