If you’re already a licensed health professional and would like to enhance your credentials, the Master of Nutrition – Registered Dietitian/Licensed Health Professional Track is designed for you.
UT Southwestern offers a host of significant advantages for your advanced training in clinical nutrition:
- The location on a large medical center campus provides an ideal environment for the in-depth study of clinical dietetics and medical nutrition therapy.
- You’ll have the opportunity to explore research questions with leading clinical investigators.
- You’ll learn with expert faculty members who are actively involved in research, patient care, community outreach, and consultation in a range of areas, including nutrition and chronic conditions, heart and lipid disorders, obesity prevention, and menu and food product analysis.
- There’s no need to complete a separate internship after graduation because our program combines the course work and the supervised clinical practice hours you need to be eligible for registration as a dietitian.
- They’re located near the heart of Dallas, a thriving center for health care, business, education, and the arts.
Put the proven strength of UT Southwestern in your corner as you prepare for a career in clinical nutrition. We’re dedicated to your success.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Special Topics
- Nutrition Care Process
- Nutrition in Health Promotion
- Food Science and Technology
- Nutrition in Metabolism
- Professional Development
- Nutrition Care Process Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 232 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Complete a baccalaureate degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution before courses begin in the fall
- Earn a recommended GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete and submit an online application by February 15
- Pay a $50 application fee
- Submit official, certified copies of academic records from all colleges and universities you’ve attended. Read additional requirements for international students.
- Prepare a personal statement of your career goals
- Submit three letters of recommendation. (We recommend letters from instructors, professors, and work supervisors who know you and your academic or work performance well.
- Submit your TOEFL scores if you’re an international student
International24100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National24100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.