- All students in the program will complete an 18-hour core consisting of two courses from each concentration area. Students may take courses with Spanish faculty as well as affliated facultyfrom other departments.
- The selection of courses from each area will be determined in consultation with the Director of Graduate Studies. For more information on the M.A. please view the M.A. Handbook or the following presentation.
- Graduate students who have teaching assistantships are trained in the Spanish Section’s communicative approach to language instruction, which incorporates the latest research on foreign language pedagogy. T.A.’s receive extensive group and individualized training in classes and workshops through the use of a variety of teaching techniques aimed at enhancing competence, enthusiasm, and imagination. Students are fully involved in the instructional program and prepared to teach with confidence in a variety of situations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Hispanic Linguistics Studies
- Hispanic Cultural Studies
- Introduction to Hispanic Cultural Studies
- Research Methods and Hispanic Criticism (Literary/Cultural Studies Theory)
- Hispanic Literary Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 908 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Regular Admission to the LSU Graduate School requires:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average (GPA) for all undergraduate work taken prior to receiving a degree and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all previous graduate work for which a grade is given;
- satisfactory academic standing at the last institution attended;
- acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE); and
- acceptance into a departmental program.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12541 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.