The History program at Virginia Commonwealth University prepares students for the successful practice of historical scholarship in a variety of fields including archives, libraries, historical sites, museums, government agencies, businesses, publishing and secondary education, as well as for advanced study in doctoral programs.
Student learning outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Develop the ability to understand the processes and methodologies historians use to study the past
- Develop the ability to understand and think critically about scholarly works of history
- Develop the ability to do historical research and present interpretations in writing
- Develop the ability to understand the myriad of forces that shape human experiences and critically weigh change and continuity over time
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American History
- European History
- Ethnic and Social History
- Virginia and Southern History
- African-American History
- Topics in History
- Transatlantic History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 554 other Masters in History in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.