What you will learn
In the Community Development and Applied Economics MSc degree offered by The University of Vermont students engage in a transdisciplinary approach to research that prepares them for leadership positions in the non-profit and government sectors, as well as in socially and ecologically responsible businesses.
We offer courses to give students foundational academic and professional skills and we encourage our graduate students to seek out courses and skills both within the program and across UVM to individualize their transdisciplinary experience.
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Research Methods
- Community Economic Development
- Applied Econometrics
- Graduate Seminars
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- To be considered for funding, applications must be submitted by January 15 each year. All other admissions are rolling.
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development Community Development View 182 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- Completion of an acceptable Calculus course.
- Completion of an acceptable Intermediate Microeconomics course.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s academic potential for graduate work and motivation for pursuing the M.S. in CDAE.
- For international students whose native language is not English or who have not completed undergraduate degrees in English
International61920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State24588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.