Students of the Special Education program at Boston University develop an individualized course of study in consultation with an advisor for a general master’s degree with specified courses required for each specialization. The required courses for the general master’s degree and for each specialization are described below.
To be eligible for the student-teaching practicum in the Special Education Program, graduate students must have:
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all BU coursework; and
- obtain a grade of B or higher in the required pre-practicum Special Education course.
Additionally, students must:
- have a record of having consistently demonstrated professional behavior in person and in written communication;
- provide documentation of having met school district CORI/SORI and fingerprinting requirements; and
- be approved for student-teaching by their academic advisor, placement coordinator, and the program director.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Special Education
- Special Education: Cognition, Learning, and Behavior
- Introduction to Language and Language Acquisition
- Assessment in Special Education: Procedures
- Introduction to Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 643 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Online Application
- Statement of Qualifications and Objectives
- Equity & Inclusion Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official standardized test score reports
- Non-refundable $95 application fee
International54720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National54720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.