The Historic Preservation program at the University of Kentucky trains students to become skilled practitioners through a combination of classroom instruction and applied projects in urban and rural contexts. A rigorous curriculum, outstanding faculty, and an emphasis on community engagement make the program a recognized leader in the field.
The College of Design has three historic preservation offerings: the Master of Historic Preservation degree and the on-campus and online graduate certificates in historic preservation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Historic Preservation
- American Architecture
- Historical Structural Systems and Building Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture History View 302 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Applicants must have obtained a baccalaureate degree from a fully accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or from a recognized foreign institution.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores should be sent directly to the Graduate School from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic ability and aptitude for graduate study are preferred. Note: The application requests contact information for three recommenders. '
- A personal statement describing your interests in historic preservation and the reasons you wish to earn a MHP (2,000 words maximum).
International32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13404 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.