Along with its sister programs, the Division of French and Italian Studies sponsors the annual KFLC: The Languages, Literatures, and Cultures Conference, which, every April, brings to campus some 800 nationally- and internationally-recognized scholars to present and discuss their current research. Our graduate students participate in the KFLC by organizing panels featuring graduate students from all over North America.
Graduate students at the French and Francophone Studies at University of Kentucky with a particular interest in multidisciplinary training are encouraged to pursue a graduate certificate through the Committee on Social Theory, one of the University's most vibrant centers of innovative research and collaboration across the social sciences and the humanities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in French Literature and Culture
- Interpretation and Style
- Linguistic Structure of Modern French Today
- Teaching of French
- Poetic Vision
- The Tragic Mode
- Comic Fiction
- Literature of the Middle Ages
- Studies in Renaissance Literature
- Seventeenth-Century Studies
- Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Nineteenth-Century Studies
- Twentieth-Century Studies
- French Language, Literature and Culture Outside France
- Special Studies in French
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 893 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- vidence of completion of the equivalent of the University of Kentucky's undergraduate major in French. Applicants who fail to meet this standard may be admitted provisionally to the Master's program, but may be required to take additional undergraduate work in French. Graduate credit will not be awarded for undergraduate courses, but graduate courses taken simultaneously count in the degree program.
- A minimum 3.25 undergraduate GPA in French on a four-point scale.
- A statement of purpose in seeking the M.A. in French.
- Three letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's qualifications for graduate work in French.
International32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13404 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.