A variety of fields of research related to foods, distribution, design, medical and healthcare, polymers, biopolymers, active packaging are available as focus areas of thesis research. The overall curriculum for the M.S. degree is individually designed to augment the student’s background and to provide a broad understanding of packaging science along with the selected specialized knowledge in the area of the student’s research.
Graduate students may be accepted with backgrounds relating to chemistry, physics, mathematics, biology or engineering. Graduate students with backgrounds in business or graphic communications or other disciplines may accepted on a provisional basis which converts to full acceptance after completing courses equivalent to the basic science and mathematics courses in the department’s undergraduate curriculum.
The curriculum requires the completion of an approved thesis and 24 credit hours. The program is designed to prepare the graduate to work independently in research, development and applications of new packaging processes and materials.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Industrial Design View 58 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Application Fee of $80 (domestic), $90 (international), $60 (non-degree).
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- U.S. universities are required by law to verify that students entering the United States on F-1 and J-1 visas have adequate financial resources to meet expenses.
- Applicants to graduate programs at Clemson University must hold a four-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or a master's degree from an institution whose scholastic rating is satisfactory to the University.
- Transcripts – Firstly, a set of unofficial transcripts is required. The the official transcripts are set to be submitted by the applicants who are offered admission.
International24158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12079 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12079 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6034 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- The Federal Pell Grant is the largest federal student aid gift assistance program available to undergraduates.
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is available to full-time, first-time undergraduates who have exceptional financial need.
- The South Carolina Need-Based Grant is a program awarded to South Carolina residents demonstrating financial need.
- Federal Perkins Undergraduate Loan - Awards are made on the basis of financial need, with priority given to students demonstrating exceptional need.
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan - Students enrolled in graduate programs can apply. Students must enroll at least half-time (five hours) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.