To achieve this goal, the IGDP in Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Biosciences serves as an umbrella portal for the entry and subsequent training of the next generation of researchers for academic, industrial, non-profit foundation, government, and other research entities in the biomedical sciences. Researchers will be trained across a wide range of specializations in the biological sciences that share the goal to elucidate mechanisms of action at the molecular, cellular, and organismal level, including disease.
The Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Biosciences program offered at Pennsylvania State University currently offers educational and research emphasis areas in Cell and Developmental Biology; Immunology and Infectious Disease; Molecular and Evolutionary Genetics; Molecular Medicine; and Molecular Toxicology and Neurobiology, but is structured to remain contemporary with evolving or emerging fields within the biological/health sciences. Incoming students enroll in core courses of instruction covering basic biochemistry and molecular biology of cellular processes; ethics; and current research topics related to the diverse pathological mechanisms that underlie disease etiologies in humans and animals.
In addition, students take specialized courses associated with one of the above programmatic emphasis areas or the option, as well as elective courses that complement and support their research interests and foci.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics in the Life Sciences
- Individual Studies (for Research Rotations)
- Critical Elements of Genetics and Molecular
- Current Research Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 445 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Completed official Penn State Graduate School application
- Aapplication fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Application for a U.S. visa (international applicants only)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test
- Names and contact information, including business email addresses, for three references.
- The language of instruction at Penn State is English
- Successful applicants generally will have completed coursework in biochemistry, molecular and/or cell biology, physics, chemistry
International39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State23928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23928 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.