The Academic Program
Major research areas include terrestrial and marine plant ecology, evolution, systematics, conservation, ethnobotany and plant microbe interactions.
Hawai`i provides an outstanding location for many types of botanical studies. The rich endemic flora and the insular isolation provide unique opportunities for studies of evolution, conservation biology, and alien plant invasions. The Botany program is offered at University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Similarly, a mixture of local cultures and our proximity to the other Pacific island nations allow studies of plants in a human context.
Research studies are not limited to the Hawaiian Islands. Faculty and students have research projects in many areas throughout the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Master's Plan B/C Studies
- Grant Writing and Your Career in Science
- Foundations of Current Botany
- Graduate Research Skills
- Botanical Seminar
- Advanced Botanical Problems
- Perspectives in Modern Botany
- Ecohydrology: Theory and Modeling
- Quantitative Ethnobotany
- Ethnoecological Methods
- Conservation Ethnobiology
- Invasion Biology
- Population Biology
- Advances in Plant Ecology
- Ecological Statistics with R
- Hawaiian Vascular Plants
- Nomenclature and Practical Systematics
- Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution
- Scientific Teaching Tools to Promote Active Learning
- Environmental Physiology Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Plant & Crop Sciences View 107 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16824 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.