Founded in 1997, we're a young and dynamic department. Our degree programs lead to the Master of Arts or Master of Science in either Statistics or Applied Statistics and the Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics. These degrees may be pursued on a full- or part-time basis.
The department also provides courses for students engaged in graduate studies in other disciplines that require statistics and for individuals requiring specialized statistical skills in the workplace. We also provide instruction in statistics for 3,000 undergraduate students each year.
Our graduate program in Statistics at the University of Pittsburgh currently has approximately 35 students. A number of doctoral candidates are sponsored by research or teaching assistantships or Mellon fellowships. All of them include full-tuition scholarships, a stipend and health insurance.
- Statistics has become one of the most attractive technical skills in industry and there is so much demand from students to get more training in statistics.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that employment for high-level statisticians has tripled – from 28,000 positions to 74,000 – from 2010 to 2016.
- National Center for Education Statistics data show that masters and doctorates in statistics have seen triple-digit growth since 2000.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research and Thesis for MS Degree
- Statistics Seminar
- Teaching Seminar
- Modern Data Analysis for Research Workers
- Applied Statistical Methods
- Categorical Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 290 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fee: $75 check or payment voucher if you choose to pay your application fee by credit card.
- Transcripts: Upload copies of your undergraduate transcripts and when applicable, graduate transcripts, with your online application. DO NOT SEND OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
- Career Statement/statement of purpose: You should submit your statement of purpose in the "Additional Information" section of the online application for admission, which allows you to upload your document.
- Three forms/letters of recommendation: You should submit the names of three referees with your online application for admission.
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.