The College of the Arts is a destination of choice for students seeking the highest quality training in the visual and performing arts. The college prides itself on being an institution with regional focus and national impact - we serve the local community while influencing all areas of the arts nationwide. Our Art History graduates perform on Broadway and in major opera houses; work for major television and film productions both on and off camera; and show their artwork in galleries across the country.
The college is home to one of the largest theatre programs in the state with an emphasis in technical theatre, providing the industry with numerous workforce-ready theatre technicians. Our Visual Arts complex is home to one of only a few large, comprehensive art programs in the Cal State system, distinguishing itself from other campuses.
It is our mission is to provide an environment that encourages individual achievement and artistic expression, inspiring tomorrow's artists, performers, and scholars to create new and innovative art forms we have yet to imagine.
All degree programs are continuously and fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance, Music, Theatre, and Art and Design.
Each year, over 40,000 members of our community attend more than 400 concerts, plays, dance performances, and exhibitions in the College of the Arts.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
California State University, Fullerton, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Many of the academic programs at CSUF are also accredited by discipline-specific accreditation agencies and associations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar on the Content and Method of Art History
- Seminar on Selected Topics in Art History
- Graduate Seminar in Major Field
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 648 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate degree in art with the same concentration as the graduate degree objective from an accredited institution, or 24 upper-division units in art, 12 of which must be in the concentration completed with a “B” (3.0) or better in all courses.
- pass the semianual comprehensive portfolio review. The comprehensive portfolio review is an evaluation of the candidate by a committee comprising faculty teaching in the area of concentration. The committee reviews the student’s creative work, statement of purpose, academic and other relevant qualifications. Procedures, dates and appointment times are available through the Art Department Graduate Office
- form a graduate committee; and
- develop an approved study plan
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.