The Law graduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh can from the be earned in one academic year (August to May) full-time or two to four years in a flexible part-time schedule.
MSL scholars seek to gain foundational and specialized knowledge of laws and legal systems. Law is a pervasive influence on almost all aspects of life across the globe, but higher education often ill-prepares students and professionals for navigating laws and legal dynamics in business and life. The MSL degree addresses this critical knowledge gap. The MSL program enrolls a small number of students each your and is therefore able to provide students with individualized attention, especially in their first semester when adjustment to law school can be challenging. This is not an online program.
- Pitt Law has one of the oldest Master of Studies in Law programs in the country. Only a handful of students are admitted each year. Pitt Law is unique in that it offers its MSL students the opportunity for specialization in a large number of fields of study or a customizable self-designed specialization.
- MSL students take the same vast array of courses as Juris Doctor candidates taught by world-class legal scholars, judges and attorneys, and they gain the advantages and benefits of attending the University of Pittsburgh.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Administrative Law
- Adoption Law
- Advanced Bankruptcy
- Advanced Family Law Advocacy
- Advanced Fourth Amendment
- Advanced International Arbitration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Public Law View 129 other Masters in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official LSAT Score
- Official copy/copies of college transcript(s)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL score, or IELTS score, or completion of undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in the United States (at the discretion of the office of admissions)
- International Student Forms
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.